SouthPaw Cycles Safety Checklist
Basic Gear List:
- Flat Changing Kit
Bicycle Safety Check:
- Wheels: Spin to check for true (straightness, without wobbles, hops, or rubbing).
- Axles: Tighten quick release or bolt on.
- Brakes: Check front and back brakes to make sure that the pads are aligned to the wheel rim.
- Tire: Inspect tires for proper inflation. Locate correct pressure (PSI) on side of tire.
- Pedals: Spin pedals and crank arms to ensure effortless rotation and security.
- Chain: Clean and lubricate.
- Bars and Stem: Check that they are secure.
- Saddle: Check that saddle is secure.
- Lighting: Maintain reflectors on bike. If you have lights, ensure that they are visible.